PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley Pays Tribute To The Dynamite Kid

Kemo
12-10-2018, 06:35 PM
Mick Foley paid tribute to the Dynamite Kid recently in a Facebook post. Foley, like so many others who have paid tribute since his passing, believes Dynamite Kid is one of the greatest pro-wrestlers in history.

“My personal Mount Rushmore (of wrestlers) has probably changed a dozen times,” Foley begins his post. “But more often than not, as was the case last week in the UK, I had Tommy Billington, The Dynamite Kid, etched in stone on my mountain.”

Readers of Foley’s bestselling books will note that he served as “enhancement talent” in a match against the British Bulldogs early in his career. Foley mentioned the experience in his tribute to Dynamite:

“Imagine how honored I was – not to mention terrified- to face Tommy in the second match of my career, a tag-team contest pitting me and British great Les Thornton against Tommy and Davey Boy Smith as the British Bulldogs,” Foley wrote. “While it’s true that I was worse for the wear after that match, and could not eat solid food for about three weeks, it was a valuable lesson; an emphatic example of how high that bar was set, and how hard I would have to work if I ever hoped to reach it.”