PDA

View Full Version : Kane On How Teaming With X-Pac Helped His WWE Career

Kemo
12-21-2018, 12:54 AM
Recently, former WWE Champion Kane joined ex-Tag Team partner Sean “X-Pac” Waltman’s podcast, “X-Pac 12360.” The pair reminisced about their days teaming together in the late ’90s, which included two WWE Tag Team Championship runs. Kane debuted in WWE back in October of 1997. He interfered in the first-ever Hell In A Cell (HIAC) match at the Badd Blood: In Your House pay-per-view.

Kane hit his storyline brother, The Undertaker, with a Tombstone, allowing Shawn Michaels to win the match. Over the next few years, Kane’s character was portrayed as a silent monster with little personality other than evil. However, that all began to change when he aligned himself with D-Generation X’s X-Pac in the late ’90s. Kane slowly started to come out of his shell and became more relatable to WWE audiences.

He even had an on-screen companion in Tori. Kane said that his run with X-Pac really “humanized” the Kane character:

“It was great. It helped me out tremendously. Because up until that point Kane had just been like a emotionless monster and what that did for me, our tag team, was it really helped round out my character because it showed that Kane has feelings and all that stuff which I never had before.

“It humanized me enough that people could relate much better, but all that stuff it really helped my character in, in my career. And all the stuff we got to do man, it was a blast, and like you said a lot of times when you have tag teams that are bookends having something that contrasted so much and was so unique and we can have great matches with anybody.”