PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff Believes Becky Lynch Is The Next Stone Cold Steve Austin

Kemo
12-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Former WCW President Eric Bischoff just threw out a comparison that has been making the rounds as of late. Now-former SmackDown Live Women’s Champion Becky Lynch has been getting comparisons to Hall Of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin. Lynch has become, arguably, WWE’s biggest star in recent months. After turning heel on Charlotte Flair, the WWE Universe really began to get behind “The Irish Lass Kicker.”

She went on to capture the SDL Women’s Title at the Hell In A Cell pay-per-view from Flair. However, she recently lost it to Asuka in a Triple Threat TLC match. That’s thanks in part to some interference from RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey. With that being said, Lynch is undoubtedly one of WWE’s hottest stars at the moment.

Its been quite some time since fans have gotten behind a Superstar the way they have for her. During a recent edition of the “After 83 Weeks” podcast, Bischoff explained his comparison between Lynch and Austin:

“I’m more of a Becky Lynch fan right now than I have been a fan of anybody in the last fifteen years. It’s because about two weeks ago I began noticing her social media, tweets, the messages she was putting out…

“If she has somebody writing them for her, I want to know who that person is because they are a really smart writer. If she doesn’t have somebody [writing the tweets] for her and she’s doing it herself, she’s going to be the next Stone Cold Steve Austin for WWE because she is a believable character.

“Forget about what I’ve seen on television. I’m not discarding it, but setting it aside. Her ability to capture my imagination on social media was profound. I mean, I went, whoa! She’s got it! She’s becoming so believable and unique and you can’t teach that.“