PDA

View Full Version : Sami Zayn Says He’s “Not Even Close” To Returning From Injury

Kemo
12-22-2018, 09:20 PM
Despite recent vignettes stating he is returning soon, Sami Zayn says he is “not even close” to doing so. Zayn had double-shoulder surgery this summer. At the time, his timeline for return was listed at just before WrestleMania.

Zayn was Chris Jericho’s most recent guest on Talk is Jericho and spoke about his recovery from double rotator cuff surgery. Jericho asked him if he is close to returning on the show.

“No, I’m not even close, I need a few more months,” Zayn said about his pending return.

He would later mention he is currently rehabbing at the WWE Performance Center.

Zayn also said he’s been enjoying his time away from WWE.

“I know wrestling fans, maybe don’t want to hear this, but I’ve been loving being off,” Zayn said. “I think wrestling fans want to hear, ‘I can’t wait to be back and I miss everything.’ I don’t miss anything, I don’t miss it yet. I’m surprised by how little I’ve missed it. Five months and I don’t miss it. What’s up with that?”

Kevin Owens is also scheduled to come back in the first quarter of 2019. Zayn also spoke to his friendship with Owens on the show with Jericho:

“He lives like two blocks from me and when he lived in Montreal, he lived like two blocks from me. We can’t get away from each other if we tried. I get moved to RAW, he gets moved to RAW. Even when he got signed he got put into a program with me right away and since our names have been linked here in one way or another since. We can’t get away from each other if we tried. I’m sure he’d like to get away a little bit. There are times I’d like to get away a bit. It’s good.”

Several other topics were discussed by Jericho and Zayn on the episode. They opted to title the show “The Mental State of Sami Zayn”.

I sat with @IAmJericho to discuss where my mind has been the last 6 months!

It's a very honest conversation about how I view myself, the world, pro wrestling, and much more.

"The Mental State of Sami Zayn (feat. @ItsJamesMcGee)" can be heard here:https://t.co/bBo6FHeoqq

— Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) December 21, 2018