PDA

View Full Version : R-Truth And Carmella Are The Jay-Z And Beyonce Of Wrestling, Says R-Truth

Kemo
12-28-2018, 03:00 AM
“We’re pretty much the Jay-Z and Beyonce of wrestling.”

That is how R-Truth thinks of himself and Carmella.

Truth took time away from his dancing schedule to guest on Chasing Glory with Lilian Garcia recently. Over the course of the interview, he discussed the odd couple pairing with Carmella, and how it came to be. Before the pair went on to win the Mixed Match Challenge, R-Truth was treading water.

“The writers didn’t know what to do with me or where to put me,” he explained. Once they put me and Carmella together, it was like, now I have something to do. Not only do I have something to do, it’s double the entertainment.

“That’s the business. You’re just waiting for that bone to be thrown to you, when opportunity knocks, you have to be ready.” Truth said.

Truth says that when he and Carmella were paired, there were no concrete plans for either to turn. Rather, the audience ended up making both of them babyfaces.

“She was a bad guy. She was a heel. Just by her going out there with me, it turned her, and people took to it.”

As for the pairing of characters, Truth admits that he had reservations as to how the audience might respond to his character being aligned with the Princess Of Staten Island.

“In society today, for them to take to me and her like that, it was great,” he said.

Truth also discusses selling drugs as a youth, his “four or five” trips to jail, how he survived being incarcerated, and his path to the WWE, all on Chasing Glory.

The full episode can be found below:

PmyCaS9D04o