PDA

View Full Version : Former NFL Star Pat McAfee Offered Multi-Year WWE Deal

Kemo
12-29-2018, 01:26 AM
WWE is always looking to snag up notable names and bring them into the fold. Earlier this year the professional wrestling juggernaut made, arguably, their biggest signing in history. WWE inked former UFC women’s bantamweight star Ronda Rousey to a contract. Rousey is one of the biggest female sports stars of all time. She has tremendously helped push WWE’s Women’s Evolution in the past several months.

In addition to Rousey, WWE has gone after several other athletes, such as former NFL players and mixed martial artists. Notable names include Ronda Rousey, Baron Corbin, Mojo Rawley, Matt Riddle, and more. Now, WWE has apparently offered former NFL punter Pat McAfee a multi-year deal. McAfee already has a bit of a working relationship with WWE.

Earlier this year he appeared at an NXT live event and served as a ring announcer for the main event. McAfee then made his debut as a panelist for WWE on the NXT TakeOver: New Orleans show. Now, it looks like WWE has been so impressed with his work that they’d like to make him a part of the company. McAfee took to his podcast the “Pat McAfee Show,” and revealed WWE offered him a multi-year deal (via CBS Sports):

“WWE has formally offered me a multi-year contract,” McAfee said. “Who knows what we’re going to be doing over there, they just want me to come make some content. And we’ll see where it goes.

“I am very excited for this,” he added. “This is a dream come true.”

tXAjbKNOIQ4