PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Bryan Proclaims Himself “The Planet’s Champion”

Kemo
12-30-2018, 03:12 AM
Not content with only being referred to as the ‘New’ Daniel Bryan, the WWE Champion has now christened himself with an additional moniker: The Planet’s Champion.

At this past Friday’s WWE Live Event from Baltimore, Maryland, Daniel Bryan faced off against John Cena in a Steel Cage match.

Prior to that, however, Bryan cut a promo where he proclaimed that he was not the champion of the people. He was the champion of the planet.

“You people used to revere the old Daniel Bryan,” he said. “You used to love the old Daniel Bryan but the old Daniel Bryan is dead. Shut up! I did not give you permission to say ‘Yes!’”

“I am not here to please you people,” he stated. “I am no longer The People’s Champion, I am The Planet’s Champion. I’m out here to defend the planet from you idiots, every single night, and I don’t care if it’s AJ Styles, I don’t care if it’s John Cena. Tonight, I am going to prove why I am The Planet’s Champion.”

John Cena ended up replacing AJ Styles in this matchup against The Planet’s Champion after AJ fell ill with the flu. This illness has forced the Phenomenal One to stay at home this week. As of now, there is no word or indication as to when Styles will return to in-ring competition.