PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Discusses Receiving Advice From The Rock

Kemo
01-03-2019, 03:45 PM
In 2012 and 2013, John Cena and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson were featured in the top match at WrestleMania 28 in Miami, Florida then the next year at WrestleMania 29.

They traded wins with both men having victories over each other with the final match seeing Cena win the WWE Title from Rock in New Jersey.

Part of the reason that this feud was such a big success financially for the WWE was due to the verbal exchange in promos while leading up these matches. It all came down to viewpoints as Cena wanted Rock to make more WWE appearances than he had been due to his successful career in Hollywood.

Cena recently spoke with The Sports Daily about various topics including any advice The Rock gave him. This is when he stated that Rock has been genuine enough to tell him that he needed to be himself and thinks that was great advice as it came right at a time when he needed it as he had been doing some movies before that weren’t really successful.

“The reason I was doing those movies was trying to create a business model. Then I looked back at myself and realized I just like telling stories. He gave me some pretty cool advice at unbelievable timing. He said: ‘Hey man, they’re going to like you, or hate you, for you. Be yourself. At least that way at the end of the day you’ll feel good about your body of work.'”