PDA

View Full Version : Tony Schiavone On The One WWE Match He Wishes He Called

Kemo
01-14-2019, 10:30 PM
Tony Schiavone is one of the best professional wrestling commentators of all time. He is better known for his work during the Monday Night Wars for WCW. Now, while still doing broadcast work, Schiavone hosts his podcast, “What Happened When.” During a recent episode of the podcast, Schiavone did a Q&A with his listeners. One fan asked Schiavone which match he wishes he could’ve called that he never got to.

Schiavone named The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 18 back in March of 2002. The match was one of the biggest of its time, as it featured the old face of the company, Hogan, against the current mega-star of the professional wrestling world, The Rock. Schiavone said he would’ve loved to call the match, especially because he never called a Rock match before:

“I would have loved to have called the [Hulk] Hogan [vs.] Rock from WrestleMania match,” said Schiavone. “I think that would have been a lot of fun. Talking about the history of Hulk Hogan, and being in Toronto, and I never got to call a Rock match. I really think [calling] that match would have been great.”

For those of you who don’t know, Schiavone actually did have a brief WWE run before his time with WCW. He worked for the promotion from 1989 to 1990, calling events such as SummerSlam and the Royal Rumble. However, he eventually returned to WCW, staying with the company until its collapse in 2001.

RV-Y6e-huKg