PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Bryan: “I Want To Be More Hated Than Brock Lesnar”

Kemo
01-26-2019, 05:38 PM
Daniel Bryan turned heel just before Survivor Series last year. Bryan kicked Styles low, won the WWE Championship, and went on to face Brock Lesnar at the PPV. Now, Bryan says he wants to be the most hated man in WWE and that means being more hated than Brock Lesnar.

“I want to be more hated than Brock Lesnar,” Bryan recently told Newsweek. “Some people want to cheer for the bad guy. I don’t want them to cheer, I want to be hated. So far I’ve had two jumpers at live events [laughs] and that’s an old school kind of mentality. You don’t want those guys to jump but you want them to hate you. You want them to pay to see you get beat. Or pay to see you get beat up or at the very least enjoy seeing you get beat up. That’s my thing.”

Bryan also told the news outlet he wanted to wrestle Lesnar for some time and was glad he finally had the chance at Survivor Series.

“What an incredible performer that guy is,” Bryan said of Lesnar. “I’ve been wanting to do the Brock Lesnar match for a long time and I was very satisfied.”

Bryan also spoke about his heel turn and facing AJ Styles in a baseball stadium on Sunday.

“I really like being the WWE Champion [laughs] and I really like being able to change my attitude and persona,” Bryan said. “I’ve had a lot of fun doing that. I’ve also got to wrestle some incredible wrestlers. Like Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series and now AJ Styles, who when I was out I kept watching and said ‘man, this guy might be the best guy in the world.’”

“And now I get to face him at the Royal Rumble in Chase Stadium,” Bryan continued. “Which is a baseball stadium, in front of 40,000-plus people there. Wrestling AJ Styles on that kind of stage it gets me really pumped."