PDA

View Full Version : Second XFL Head Coach Officially Revealed

Kemo
02-23-2019, 11:10 PM
:xfl:

It was announced earlier this month that former Oklahoma Sooners head coach Bob Stoops will be coaching the XFL’s Dallas team. This was the XFL’s first coaching announcement since revealing the team’s cities in December. Now, we have another head coaching announcement to pass along. Pep Hamilton will be coaching the XFL’s Washington D.C. franchise.

Hamilton has experience working with NFL teams such as the Browns, Colts, Bears, 49ers, and Jets. He has also worked in college football with the Michigan, Stanford, and Howard University programs. Hamilton’s job in Dallas is his first opportunity at head coaching a team. He released the following statement in response to the news:

“I’m excited to join the XFL and lead the team in Washington, a city with which I have a lifelong attachment. I appreciate the confidence Vince McMahon and Oliver Luck have in me, providing an opportunity to be the head coach and placing the football operations of their Washington team in my hands.

“We plan to put together a terrific, hard-working staff, and a great football team for fans in and around our nation’s capital.”

With Washington and Dallas now having announced their coaches, only six cities have yet to do so. Those being Houston, Los Angeles, New York, St. Louis, Seattle, and Tampa Bay. The XFL’s re-launch season is set to kickoff on Saturday, February 8th and Sunday, February 9th, which is the weekend after the NFL’s Super Bowl.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz8p3_3XQAAugHE.jpg