PDA

View Full Version : Batista On The Rock: “Would I Consider Him A Great Actor? F— No”

Kemo
02-27-2019, 05:53 PM
Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Batista recently did an interview with TampaBay.com where he spoke about a wide range of topics.

During this interview, he discussed how he “hates” being compared the likes of former WWE Champions John Cena and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as they are an elite group of WWE stars who have made the successful transition from being a pro wrestler to an actor in Hollywood.

“Do not compare me to The Rock or John Cena. Everyone does it. Those guys are wrestlers who became movie stars. I’m … something else. I was a wrestler. Now, I’m an actor.”

Batista also made some interesting comments about Johnson, who is a future WWE Hall of Famer and will go down as one of the greatest wrestlers to ever step foot inside of the squared circle. He wants to be his own person and not seen in the same light as The Rock.

“Rock was, in a way, a movie star before he was even a movie star. There is something about him that’s really special. I’d never take that away from him,” Bautista says. “Would I consider him a great actor? F— no.”

Batista would continue by bringing up how he wants good roles that don’t have to be movies such as Fast and Furious or Bumblebee. Instead, he wants to work with Academy Award winners and be a character actor that is well respected.

“I want good roles. I don’t care about Fast and Furious or Bumblebee. … That’s not the kind of stardom I want. … I want to be in Dune. I want to work with Denis Villeneuve. I want to work with Sam Mendes and Jodie Foster. I want to work with Academy Award winners. I’m proud to be a character actor. I want that respect and credibility and education.”

Other topics discussed include his troubled upbringing, how he broke into wrestling his tattoos, politics and much more. Visit TampaBay.com to read the full interview.