PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Kingston Reacts To Next Week’s Gauntlet Match, Being Called A “B+ Player” (Video)

Kemo
03-14-2019, 03:43 PM
The WWE Universe has quickly invested in the concept of Kofi-Mania. His journey has famously taken him 11 years to scratch and claw to a main event spot. Now he’s on the cusp of finally competing for a major championship.

However, Vince McMahon has put another obstacle in Kofi’s way: a gauntlet match.

If Kofi is victorious, he will get a WWE Championship opportunity at “The New” Daniel Bryan. The men in his way include Randy Orton, Sheamus, Cesaro, Rowan, and US Champion, Samoa Joe. It’ll be no easy feat.

WWE has since uploaded a video with The New Day being interviewed by Kayla Braxton. She presses the point regarding his opportunity, which prompts Kofi to provide a passionate response:

“This is definitely a big mountain to climb, it’s definitely a big mountain to climb,” Kofi admitted. “But my entire career…I realized a very long time ago, that I was never going to be the guy who, ‘Oh, you look so big, let’s put him in the main event scene,’ ‘Oh, this guy’s got the best physique ever, let’s put him in the main event scene.’ For me, it was always going to be the hard way. It’s been hard getting here to this point,” he said.

“It’s been a battle, it’s been a struggle. I would expect it no other way to get to WrestleMania, but if this is the path that I have to take to get to WrestleMania, to fight for the WWE Championship title, I’m going to do it. I’m going to do it.”

When asked how he felt being called a “B+ player,” much in the way that Daniel Bryan was once referred to, Kofi replied:

“They’ll say anything, right? They’ll say anything. They know damn well I’m not a B+ player,” he said. “You can call me whatever it is that you want to call me, you just give me that match and I’ll have to show you otherwise.”

Turning his thoughts to next week’s gauntlet match, Kofi reflected that he was happy to simply have the opportunity.

“That’s the first step, that’s all that I’ve ever wanted. I told you last time, I just need a chance and if it’s going to be through 5 different Superstars, then so be it, y’know. We just…we just got to make it happen.”

Kofi Kingston would later post a tweet, capturing his feelings on this latest obstacle being thrown in his way.

“I’ve always known that my road to the WWE Championship was never going to be an easy one, but next weeks gauntlet match will be a tough and seemingly insurmountable mountain to climb…so let’s get our mountain boots on and get to climbing. #LFG”

With WrestleMania 35 now under a month away, and Vince McMahon allegedly undecided over what matchup to close the show with, could we be on the cusp of full-on Kofi-Mania, something that has been 11 years in the making?

ylBPlAenDcI