PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rollins Discusses Recently Being Sidelined With Injury

Kemo
03-29-2019, 01:59 AM
Seth Rollins has discussed the exact injury that caused him to be sidelined from in-ring competition under the WWE banner. He did so while talking with Brian Fritz of Sporting News where he noted that it was a back injury that put him on the shelf for about a month.

WWE gave Rollins time off for the month of February but still had him making appearances on their flagship show, Monday Night RAW.

He returned after last wrestling in late January when he teamed up with Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose to do a reunion for a six-man tag team match against Drew McIntyre, Baron Corbin, and Bobby Lashley at the Fastlane pay-per-view event. The company would then book him in matches against Shelton Benjamin on March 11 and March 18 against McIntyre on RAW.

WWE gave Rollins time off from in-ring competition as he had February off from wrestling but still appeared on television. He returned to in-ring action at the Fastlane pay-per-view event to work a six-man tag team match alongside Shield members Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose. He would also work matches against Shelton Benjamin and Drew McIntyre on episodes of Monday Night Raw this month.

“Yeah, I did have a lingering back issue that I was dealing with,” Rollins said. “At the end of the day, I’m able to compete. I’ve been cleared by our doctors. I had to take a few weeks to rest, but it looks like I’ll be fine moving forward. I feel good. I’ve ramped up training in the gym and at my school (Black and Brave Wrestling Academy). I feel really good. I feel healthy and, hopefully, I’ll be able to pick that guy up and throw him around a little bit, so I’m not the only one getting tossed around.”

Rollins is slated to challenge Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title at WrestleMania 35.