PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre Discusses Roman Reigns Ahead Of WrestleMania Clash

Kemo
04-02-2019, 07:17 PM
With WrestleMania 35 taking place this Sunday, the company is naturally in full-on promotion mode. WWE Superstars have been doing media tours in an effort to hype their matches and raise further awareness outside of the WWE Universe.

One such Superstar is Drew McIntyre. The “Scottish Psychopath” appeared on WJLA’s Good Morning Washington show to discuss his upcoming matchup against the returning Roman Reigns.

During the course of the interview, McIntyre would talk about his initial run with WWE and his eventual return. Drew admitted that “It’s wild” that he’s going to be facing Roman for his first major singles match since returning from leukemia.

“You know, I’ve been back on Monday Night RAW for 10 months now and I’m fighting Roman Reigns, the number one guy, returning from his illness in his first big singles match at WrestleMania. It’s pretty incredible, it’s a great opportunity and a show of faith by the company in my ability now, and I’m very, very excited to give the world a performance they won’t forget.”

Naturally, talk segued into Roman’s illness and the work WWE has been doing with numerous charities.

“We can make such a difference in so many different areas. Some areas that are very personal to myself, and with someone like Roman coming back, it’s his personal mission to get word out there and really make a difference, and I admire him more than probably anybody on the roster,” McIntyre admitted.

“I did strongly recommend that he didn’t accept my challenge for WrestleMania because I don’t want to have to embarrass him in front of the world, but fortunately now it’s a big marquee match, we’re two large men and we’re going to lay into each other pretty good.”

His matchup with Roman is a huge opportunity for Drew McIntyre to solidify his place not only on RAW but in WWE. Once considered “The Chosen One” by Vince McMahon himself, this Sunday could see Drew McIntyre finally prove himself on the “Grandest Stage Of Them All.”