PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Reveals Vince McMahon “Hated” His WrestleMania Match With Kevin Owens

Kemo
04-02-2019, 07:18 PM
For those still upset over Kevin Owens turning on his best friend, Chris Jericho, during the Festival Of Friendship, Jericho has now revealed another tidbit over the duos WrestleMania 33 payoff match: Vince McMahon hated it.

In fact, according to Jericho, Vince McMahon hated it so much he allegedly called it “one of the worst matches in WrestleMania history.”

Speaking Inside The Ropes, the All Elite Wrestling (AEW) wrestler would discuss his long association and eventual feud with Owens. He revealed that he wanted the turning point at the Festival of Friendship to feel like the Red Wedding from Game Of Thrones, shocking fans with the sudden change in tone.

Discussing his ‘Mania match specifically, he confessed that he “thought the match was good” before adding that “I was very surprised when I saw KO after and he’s like, ‘Vince said it was one of the worst matches in WrestleMania history.”

According to Jericho, McMahon’s opinion came down to what he perceived Owens’ heel persona to be versus what he delivered that night against Chris Jericho.

“Do I think it was a great match? No. Do I think it was the worst match in WrestleMania history? Absolutely not. […] Overall it was very hard to put on a match that would live up to the hype of the match. But, y’know, it’s all about the story of getting there. Like, the match was cool but I’d rather have a great story and an okay match than an okay story and a great match.”

For those interested, the fallout of Vince McMahon’s reaction to Kevin Owens that night can actually be seen on the Network series, 365. When Owens asked if Vince was happy with the match, he would receive a one-word reply: “No.”

nsArbU_KRbE