PDA

View Full Version : Batista Gets Challenged To MMA Fight By Ex-NFL Player

Kemo
04-05-2019, 03:32 AM
Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Batista is preparing for one of the biggest matches of his career and potentially his last contest inside of the squared circle.

However, that didn’t stop ex-NFL star Shawne Merriman from challenging him to an MMA fight. Merriman made it known during a recent interview that he wants to share the cage with the WWE star.

Batista does have an MMA background as he competed before. Back in October 2012, he took on journeyman and 40-fight veteran Vince Lucero at the CES MMA: Real Pain event in Providence, Rhode Island where he scored a first-round TKO win.

“He looks good, man. I know that people will watch that,” Merriman tells TMZ Sports. “I know people wanna see that. If he was down to do it, I would do it in a second. I wouldn’t even question that one.”

Batista is slated to take on Triple H at Wrestlemania 35 on Sunday, April 7, 2019 in East Rutherford, NJ at MetLife Stadium. Once this No Holds Barred Match is over, Merriman will attempt to get this fight booked.

“I know he’s got other stuff going on, but why not give the people something they want to see.”

OR9vjnnduB0