PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Kingston On If His Match Against Daniel Bryan Should Be WrestleMania Headliner

Kemo
04-05-2019, 08:33 PM
TMZ Sports caught up with Kofi Kingston in New York City this week where they asked him about the support that he has received from fans regarding his next match under the WWE banner.

Kingston is slated to challenge WWE Champion Daniel Bryan for the title at WrestleMania 35 this Sunday night on Sunday, April 7, 2019 in East Rutherford, NJ at MetLife Stadium.

Kingston called it amazing and didn’t realize how much they wanted him to have this as much as he wanted it. He called the support unreal and thinks the best way to pay them back is by beating Daniel Bryan this Sunday and becoming WWE Champion.

Kingston was also asked if he feels like the match with Bryan should be the main event of the biggest show of the year instead of the planned headliner, which is WWE RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch vs. WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair.

“Honestly, I’m just happy to have a match at WrestleMania,” Kofi said. “For me to get on here, for me to complain about, ‘Oh, well I got a singles match for the WWE Championship, I’m not in the main event!,’ Like, nah, it’s not about that at all. And the women have done such an amazing job, they deserve everything that they are getting right now. To be in the main event, Ronda Rousey, arguably. I mean, she might’ve been the one that actually started the whole ‘Divas Revolution’ by being so awesome in UFC. And you have Charlotte, the daughter of Ric Flair, who does amazing things in the ring. You have Becky Lynch, who has grinded for so long and so hard, and now the people are behind her so hard. To have them in the main event is an amazing thing. I’m so proud of all of them and I can’t wait to watch.”

TIHLYyoWW-8