PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Says He’s “Come To Grips” With Not Having WM35 Match

Kemo
04-06-2019, 06:43 PM
Wrestlemania 35 takes place tomorrow but one of WWE’s greatest all-time performers does not have a match scheduled. John Cena recently spoke to journalist Chris Van Vliet about not having a role at WrestleMania 35, wanting to be Kurt Angle’s final opponent, and AEW.

“I will be at WrestleMania every year no matter what. I just don’t have anything this year and I’ve come to grips with that,” Cena said during the interview. “To all those out there who just don’t have a match at WrestleMania and don’t feel like they are a part of WrestleMania, take it from me, you can still contribute to the weekend without physically being a performer in the ring and I actually like that spot, I do.”

There had been speculation Cena could be named as Kurt Angle’s opponent in his farewell match. Cena isn’t worried about that, however, as it is out of his hands.

“That is beyond my control. My response to that is control the controllable. Everyone always asks me ‘What do you want to do for WrestleMania?’ or ‘What’s your dream opponent?’ and I have never ever gone about our business that way.”

What Does John Cena Think Of AEW?

Cena, like many others, feels AEW will offer only healthy competition to WWE.

“I think competition is great because it forces you to step up or step aside and I think that is fantastic. We have internal competition of performers trying to be the best in our umbrella and that is wonderful because you sink or swim on your own investment.”

Cena speaks for 25-minutes in the only interview he plans to give during WrestleMania weekend. You can view the full interview below:

l0J5dQlR4O0