PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Discusses Parallels With Ronda Rousey, Her WWE Future

Kemo
04-06-2019, 09:10 PM
WWE Hall of Famer and former Monday Night Raw General Manager Kurt Angle is a big supporter of WWE RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey.

Part of that is due to their connection over backgrounds but also for the transition to being a WWE Superstar.

Angle, who is slated to take on Baron Corbin in his farewell match at WrestleMania 35, recently did an interview with Sky Sports to promote the show. During the interview, Angle talked about the parallels between his career and Rousey.

Rousey teamed with Angle to defeat Triple H and Stephanie McMahon in a mixed tag team match WrestleMania 34 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana last year.

They beat the married couple, which marked Rousey’s in-ring debut under the banner of WWE.

“I do see parallels. Whenever I see her she reminds me of myself and it’s very exciting to see that, very seldom do you see that,” he said. “I thought there would never be another Kurt Angle but when I look at Ronda I feel like I’m looking in the mirror. I’m very proud of her and she’s going to continue to get better that’s the scary part. I’m not sure if she’s going to do anything after WrestleMania — she might be taking a break, but I’m looking forward to seeing her coming back and doing some damage.”