PDA

View Full Version : Batista Lands Role In “Army Of The Dead”

Kemo
04-06-2019, 09:14 PM
Dave Bautista has landed another big movie role. The man who takes on Triple H tomorrow night at WrestleMania will star in Zack Snyder’s “Army of the Dead”. The zombie film will be produced by Netflix.

Director Zack Snyder made his directorial debut with 2004’s “Dawn of the Dead” and was originally to direct a sequel to the film in 2012 but plans for the film were ultimately scrapped. “Army of the Dead” is listed as a semi-sequel to Dawn of the Dead.

Speaking to THR, Snyder said this of the upcoming film:

“There are no handcuffs on me at all with this one…I thought this was a good palate cleanser to really dig in with both hands and make something fun and epic and crazy and bonkers in the best possible way…I love to honor canon and the works of art, but this is the opportunity to find a purely joyful way to express myself though a genre. It will be the most kick-ass, self-aware — but not in a wink-to-the-camera way — balls-to-the-wall zombie freakshow that anyone has ever seen. No one’s ever let me completely loose [like this].”

WrestleMania 35 will be the 15th time Batista and Triple H have met in single’s competition. Batista leads the all-time series 14-0. Of those 14 victories, however, 10 of them occurred on live events. 3x Batista has beaten Triple H on PPV. These occurred at WM21, Backlash 2005, and Vengeance 2005. Batista also defeated Triple H once on RAW (June 13, 2005).