PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart Assailant Arraigned, Told Police “It Was The Right Moment”

Kemo
04-08-2019, 10:45 PM
The man responsible for disrupting the Hart Foundation’s Hall of Fame induction speech on Saturday was arraigned in court today. A 26-year-old man from Lincoln, Nebraska was held on $1500 bond resulting from 2 counts of assault and 1 count of trespassing.

During the arraignment, prosecutors revealed that the alleged attacker told police shortly after the incident that he felt “it was the right moment” to attack Hart, who was reportedly unharmed in the skirmish. The man’s lawyers say he has been cooperating with police since the attack.

The assailant has been in trouble with the law previously. He has been arrested and is awaiting trial for stocking an MMA fighter. The fighter has said he trained at the same gym as the assailant but stopped due to concerns over thei actions.
Bret Hart’s Assailant Arraigned

Alan Fisher was in attendance when the incident occurred.

“I couldn’t believe that the security had missed him in the first place, and the next thing you know there was Shane McMahon and Travis Brown on top of him. The crowd was going crazy booing,” Fisher said. “Everyone was cheering when one of the wrestlers punched him.”

Bret’s nephew, Davey Boy Smith Jr., was also on hand during the Hall of Fame. He issued the following statement on social media:

Glad I was able to help my Uncle @BretHart tonight at the WWE Hall of Fame. ?? That “fan” was lucky I was being held back. As Rickson Gracie said “If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it”

— Davey Boy Smith Jr. (@DBSmithjr) April 7, 2019