PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Gargano: NXT Is The Main Roster

Kemo
04-08-2019, 11:00 PM
Don’t tell Johnny Gargano that NXT isn’t the main roster. The new NXT Champion spoke with reporter Chris Van Vliet this weekend and made clear his belief that NXT is the main roster.

“I get the question a lot of when are you going to the main roster and I absolutely hate that question, I hate it so much,” Gargano said. “I get tweeted that a lot and people say ‘I can’t wait to see you on the main roster’ and I tell them you are seeing me on the main roster. NXT is the main roster.”

Gargano defeated Adam Cole Friday night inside Barclay’s Center at Takeover: New York. “Johnny Champion” t-shirts quickly sold out inside the venue after his victory.

“I do believe that Raw, Smackdown and NXT are the three brands and I think that people can come from Raw or Smackdown to NXT and I think that people from NXT can go to Raw or Smackdown. It’s very interchangeable.”

Gargano noted that he sees the NXT Championship as his main roster title.

“This is my main roster title,” he continued. “This is my main roster moment. NXT to me is the hottest thing going not just in WWE but all across professional wrestling.”

The NXT champion also noted that he feels Takeover events are about as good as it gets.

“I think NXT is the hottest brand in sports entertainment and I’m not just saying that because I am biased, I’m not just saying that because I’m me, I’m saying that because I was at TakeOver. I watched the show. I’d put TakeOvers up against anything in the world.”

Gargano also discusses Shawn Michaels influence, celebrating his victory with Candice LeRae and more. The full interview with Chris Van Vliet can be viewed in the player below:

HBTq0sIA6-A