PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart Releases Statement Regarding Hall Of Fame Ceremony

Kemo
04-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Bret Hart and Jim “the Anvil” Neidhart’s Hart Foundation tag team was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on Saturday. The ceremony was briefly interrupted by an assailant who was arraigned in court on 2 counts of assault yesterday.

The now 2x Hall of Famer, Bret “Hitman” Hart, released a statement regarding the ceremony through his social media accounts yesterday:

"What a wild weekend to say the least! First of all I want to thank WWE for not only the Hall of Fame honor for myself and Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, but for their hospitality with my family and friends. Regarding the ceremony, firstly I want to let everyone know that I am okay and was not injured. If there’s one thing I want everyone to take away from the Hall of Fame ceremony is not so much what happened, but how I wasn’t going to let anything stop me from completing my tribute to my best friend and our team. I’m also glad I got to join @natbynature and @thebethphoenix for their WrestleMania moment. Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and words."

A 26-year-old man from Lincoln, Nebraska is being held on a $1500 bond relating to the incident. The man had previously been arrested for stocking as well. He is currently awaiting trial on that charge. His lawyers told the court yesterday he has been cooperating since the incident.

“I couldn’t believe that the security had missed him in the first place,” a fan in attendance said. “And the next thing you know there was Shane McMahon and Travis Brown on top of him. The crowd was going crazy booing. Everyone was cheering when one of the wrestlers punched him.”