PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch Discusses WrestleMania Finish, Unifying The Championship Titles

Kemo
04-10-2019, 11:23 PM
Becky Lynch came away from WrestleMania 35 with both the RAW Women’s Championship and the SmackDown Women’s Championship. Her historic victory has earned her the nickname Becky Two Belts. The matchup, however, wasn’t without a little controversy. In particular, the ending of the match which saw Lynch pinning Ronda Rousey with a crucifix pin. The only problem? Rousey’s shoulders coming off of the mat during the final count.

Speaking with Gorilla Position, Becky Lynch addressed the finish of her ‘Mania main event match up.

When asked about the supposed controversy regarding that pinfall, Lynch would reply that “I’m happy I beat her with a wrestling move after she talked about how…she insulted my business. She insulted my business and I beat her with a wrestling move. That’s all we need to know. The ref counted to three and I became Becky Two Belts.”

On the subject of being dubbed Becky Two Belts, WWE’s chosen modern vernacular was brought up. Lynch would poke light fun at the ‘Belts vs Title’ debate and the banned words issue within WWE, claiming: “I’m the double champ, I can say whatever I want. I can say whatever I want.”

She would go on to dismiss the idea of unifying the belts, wanting to defend both instead.

“[…] I want to defend both of them. I don’t see a point of them being unified because we have two different brands, we have RAW and SmackDown. If we go back to being one brand, meh, maybe.”

Since her victory at WrestleMania 35, Becky Lynch has celebrated her victory on both RAW and SmackDown. Both occasions, however, were interrupted by Lacey Evans—setting up a potential feud for the two going forward.