PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Wishes He Could Have Had “One More Round” With John Cena

Kemo
04-11-2019, 02:12 PM
Kurt Angle wrestled his final WWE match this past Sunday in a losing effort to Baron Corbin. The loss took the WWE Universe by surprise, with many expecting the Olympic Hero to bask in the glory of a victory one last time on the “Grandest Stage Of Them All.” This, unfortunately, wasn’t the case.

Since then, Angle has taken to his Instagram account to reflect on that night. He uploaded a picture from Sunday of him and John Cena backstage, writing that he wished he could have had “one more round” with him.

“Completely ironic that on the same night, at Wrestlemania35 @johncena paid homage to his “ruthless aggression” thuganomics character, and I wore my “Team Angle” warm up. I wish I had one more round with you John. Regardless, I’m proud of my career. #itstrue #wrestlemania35 #wwe”

Now that Angle’s in-ring career is over, it will be interesting to see how WWE utilize him going forward.

He may return to an on-screen authority role, much like when he was RAW’s General Manager. Alternatively, he may end up helping to train the next generation of WWE Superstars, joining Shawn Michaels at the NXT Performance Center to impart his knowledge and experience to eager trainees.