PDA

View Full Version : WWE Writer Fired Following Bret Hart’s Hall Of Fame Speech

Kemo
04-11-2019, 02:20 PM
Hall of Fame inductees are not supposed to mention Vince McMahon’s name during their speech. Bret Hart and the members of D-X did just that, however, and according to comments Sean Waltman made on his podcast recently, it cost one WWE writer his job.

“I think Bret mentioned Vince a bunch of times,” Waltman said on the show. “Vince got really hot, I think somebody got fired. And then we (D-X) went out and said it a million times and nobody got fired.”

Waltman would continue to say, however, that he was not joking about Vince firing a writer because his name was mentioned during a Hall of Fame speech.

“I’m not kidding, I’m not. Vince was pissed and I get it that’s a thing for him,” Waltman continued.

When asked, Waltman confirmed the fired employee was the writer in charge of the segment. According to a report from PW Insider, the fired writer’s name is Robert Evans. A former Canadian wrestler, Evans wrestled under the name RD Evans up until 2015. He wrestled for promotions such as Ring of Honor and Chikara.