PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch On What It Means To Be “The Man” & Running Rousey Out Of WWE

Kemo
04-13-2019, 02:47 AM
Becky Lynch is riding high after capturing the Raw and SmackDown Women’s Championships at WrestleMania. The Irish grappler has reached the top of the mountain, but is a marked woman with foes from both brands looking to dethrone her.

Lynch recently spoke with Middle East publication The National about her big night at WrestleMania and what she sees awaiting her in the months ahead.

“Now’s going to be the hardest part because not only do I have one target on my back, I have two targets on my back,” she said. “So everybody wants a piece of me, everybody’s going to want to be knocking me down. Plus, on Sunday I just showed what was possible.”

She continued, “I showed the entire women’s division that anything’s possible. That you can go from the bottom of the card to the top of the card in a year. So everybody’s going to be champing at the bit, but they’ll find out it’s not as easy as it looks.”

Based on what we saw on WWE television post-WrestleMania, it appears Lynch’s first feud will be against main roster newcomer Lacey Evans.

Lynch gloated about toppling Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania, joking that she ran Rousey straight out of WWE. She also took a dig at Rousey suffering a badly broken hand at WrestleMania. When asked how she feels about “Ronnie” the “little weirdo,” Lynch didn’t hold back.

“Oh yeah, slap the head off her and chase her out of the company,” she said of Rousey. “It was great. It was great. She talked about how my face was so easily breakable and then broke her hand on my face.”

Becky Lynch has dubbed herself “The Man,” a moniker that has been embraced by men, women and children alike. Although “The Man” is inherently a masculine descriptor, Lynch explains that it is not about gender, but instead about being the best you can be.

“It’s amazing,” said Lynch. “It’s amazing because the message of that is that it doesn’t matter who you are or what you are. It’s about being the top dog of whatever it is that you want to do.”