PDA

View Full Version : The Rock Comments On Dark Side Of The Ring Docu-Series

Kemo
04-15-2019, 03:41 PM
Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson recently commented on Vice’s docu-series “Dark Side of the Ring.” He posted his comments to Twitter earlier today.

Highly recommend a gripping docu-series @DarkSideOfRing on @VICE. Hits home for me as all these tragic stories are from pro wrestlers who my grandfather, my dad and myself have all wrestled and became friends with over the years. Kudos to the filmmakers – a captivating watch.

— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) April 14, 2019

The 6-part series has aired episodes focussed on Randy Savage & Elizabeth and the death of Bruiser Brody so far. Future episodes will focus on the Fabulous Moolah, the death of Gino Hernandez, the Von Erichs and the Montreal Screwjob.

Hulk Hogan was critical of the Vice documentary focused on Randy Savage and Elizabeth. Hogan was not included in the documentary but comments from his ex-wife Linda were featured throughout.

Hogan made his feelings known on Twitter.

Just watched VICE the dark side of Macho Man 5 out of 10 ,really good but relied too much on a couple of pictures someone had and believed stories that were half truths and some that were just wrong,what a shame they didn’t check all sources HH

— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) April 12, 2019

The filmmakers then noted they had reached out to Hogan for his involvement but he declined.

Thanks for watching. We reached out to you to participate in this but you declined. We would've love to have your POV for this story. Hope we can get you on the next one.

— Dark Side of the Ring (@DarkSideOfRing) April 12, 2019

The next episode in the series will focus on the 1997 Montreal Screwjob.

The infamous #MontrealScrewjob gave wrestling fans an unprecedented peak behind the curtain. Do you think it was "a work" or "a shoot?" ? Find out this Wednesday at 9P on @viceland.

— Dark Side of the Ring (@DarkSideOfRing) April 12, 2019

WWE will also be co-producing a series of documentaries on wrestling legends. They announced recently they have partnered with A&E to produce episodes of the long-running Biography series. Planned episodes will focus on Booker T, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Randy Savage, and Roddy Piper.