PDA

View Full Version : Batista On Vince McMahon Convincing Him To Appear On RAW In His Hometown

Kemo
04-15-2019, 09:18 PM
Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Batista told several interesting stories that have been documented on the site from when he joined Lilian Garcia’s podcast.

In this interview, he talked about topics regarding his return to WWE where he wrestled Triple H in a No Holds Barred Match at WrestleMania 35 in East Rutherford, NJ that marked his retirement bout. He returned as a heel while Triple H was a babyface.

One story was about no being sold on some things including appearing in his hometown, which is Washington D.C, due to the fact that the fans were going to cheer him. This marked the go-home episode of RAW for WrestleMania 35.

Batista originally didn’t want to appear on the show due to the support from fans. He stated that he thought he could go in the ring and take a poop and the fans would still cheer him. That’s how much support he gets from people.

“That was the thing, and I came out and did my promo. Vince called me, and he wanted me to come to D.C., and I said I don’t think so. He goes ‘this is what I want you to do, and when he told me the four-word promo, I laughed my ass off and said I’ll be there!”

Batista mentioned that the more the fans are fired up the more he is. “The Animal” would also bring up how he knew he wouldn’t be back in the arena in his hometown which is why he was engaging with fans after the promo.

“I was just praying that the cameras were going to be turned off. I turned around, and I was praying they were going to say it was clear, but I totally gave in. I walked through the curtain, and I just said ‘I am so sorry.’ Hunter’s standing there like ‘you’re not a babyface.’ I was like ‘I’m sorry dude, it’s my hometown. I couldn’t help it! It was killing me! There were little kids with their hands out…’ I just totally caved.”