PDA

View Full Version : War Raiders Renamed “Viking Experience” For WWE RAW Debut

Kemo
04-16-2019, 09:21 PM
WWE NXT Tag Team Champions The War Raiders have undergone another name change. The War Raiders are now The Viking Experience. They duo also have new individual ring names, Ivar and Erik.

The Viking Experience teamed up with The Revival (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder) to take on Ricochet, Aleister Black, and RAW Tag Team Champions (Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder) in an eight-man tag team match.

So far, the reaction to the War Raiders being rebranded has been mixed. A few wrestling personalities chimed in on the change:

So maybe #VikingExperience wouldn’t have been my first choice, BUT, had there been social media in 1996, I’m guessing the name #Mankind would not have been greeted with much happiness either. Enjoy this match with Fergal ….um, Finn Balor.

— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) April 16, 2019

Names can be tweaked, if the talent is there to back it up – which in this case, it is. Does the name “Kane the Undertaker” ring any bells?

— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) April 16, 2019

Athletic, aggressive big men are often times “Money” in pro wrestling and have been for decades. #Raw

I’m a fan of #VikingExperience (maybe the name will grow on me) by any moniker.

@InglesAdvantage has JR’s!

— Jim Ross (@JRsBBQ) April 16, 2019

The Viking Experience captured the NXT tag team championships from Kyle O’Reily and Roderick Strong back at NXT TakeOver: Phoenix event during Royal Rumble weekend.

WWE will hold the next set of NXT TV tapings on May 1st in Winter Park, Florida at Full Sail University. It will be interesting to see how Triple H handles this change to his tag team champions.