PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Calls John Cena The Greatest WWE Superstar Of All-Time

Kemo
04-28-2019, 06:21 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle gave some high praise to former WWE Champion John Cena.

The legendary pro wrestler wished Cena a happy belated birthday, Cena turned 42 on April 23rd. Angle took to his official Instagram account to show off his respect to the future WWE Hall of Famer in a post.

This is where he praised Cena for being able to have the ability to dominate the WWE and stay healthy for a majority of his time as a top star for the promotion. He also called him “the most consistent, and the Greatest WWE Superstar of all-time.” You can read the full statement that Angle wrote here:

"17 years ago, I recall when a young John Cena took WWE by storm. Even then, John pushed me to my limit. I absolutely Loved stepping into the ring with him. John has been able to stay healthy (for the most part) and dominate WWE for 17 years, which is unheard of, and nearly impossible. For that reason, He will go down in history as the most consistent, and the Greatest WWE Superstar of all time. Happy belated birthday John. You earned my respect the first time we locked horns. #itstrue #wwe #wrestling #wordlife #rappercena"

There is a lot of history between these two stars but most notably, Cena made his WWE TV debut on an episode of SmackDown in 2002 by answering Angle’s open challenge.

At the WrestleMania 35 pay-per-view event in East Rutherford, NJ at MetLife Stadium on the WWE Network, Angle called it a career when he lost to Baron Corbin in his retirement match.

Before Corbin was announced as his opponent, there were several fans including Angle who wanted it to be Cena to share the squared circle in Angle’s farewell match. However, that wasn’t the case.

10ivQ3ogO1M