PDA

View Full Version : NXT’s KUSHIDA Addresses Moving To The States, Adjusting To NXT

Kemo
04-29-2019, 05:26 PM
NXT’s newest Japanese Superstar, KUSHIDA, began his time with NXT earlier in the month and continues to adjust to his new life in the United States.

Taking to Twitter, KUSHIDA shared his experiences in America so far, and what it has been like wrestling for a new company—one drastically different from his former employee, New Japan Pro Wrestling.

He comments that, although a month or so has passed since his move to Florida, it feels as though it has been more like a year to him.

“I was in a state where I didn’t understand the new practice environment, food, housing, English, Matches…but I feel that a little more open time has been created recently.”

KUSHIDA shares that on weekdays “practice picked up at the performance center” and also reveals that he has been taking one-on-one English classes in an attempt to better understand and speak the language.

His weekends are dedicated to house shows, and he states that he is “desperate every day to get through a day.” He breaks down his routine as “Driving to the venue yourself, setting the ring, wrestle, and clear the ring. Then drive back to home again … it is the life in NXT.”

These new experiences have allowed him a “series of fresh discovers”, and he feels as though he is becoming more experienced as a performer and person.

With his new life in America starting to settle, he promises that he can “finally put my feet on the pedal and 100% power on my engine. Bring all of this into the ring.”

The former 6-time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion will be making his NXT TV debut next on next week’s episode. He will compete against Kassius Ohno.

You can read his statement below:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5Nx55mWAAELntb.jpg