PDA

View Full Version : WWE Ring Announcer Lilian Garcia Joins Professional Fighters League

Kemo
04-30-2019, 03:51 PM
WWE ring announcer Lilian Garcia has joined the Professional Fighters League (PFL) where she will serve as the in-cage announcer for all of the upcoming fights in season 2, which kicks off in May.

PFL officials announced the signing on Monday.

“I’m looking forward to stepping in the cage and getting back to introducing fighters to the masses, something I truly love and have missed,” Garcia said in a statement. “What I find most intriguing about the PFL is that every fight matters. Each fighter enters the cage knowing they are competing for a shot at a title and million-dollar prize.

“There is so much drama surrounding that moment, and I’m honored to help bring it to life for fans in the arena and watching at home.”

Garcia will be announcing the fighters for every card in the PFL after serving as one of the in-ring voices for WWE for the past 15 years.

Garcia hasn’t been as present at WWE events more recently, although she still hosts a popular podcast called “Chasing Glory” that features some of the biggest names from the professional wrestling industry.

Now she will be crossing over into mixed martial arts where she joins announcers such as Bruce Buffer and Joe Martinez, who regularly work events promoted by the UFC and Invicta FC as well.

PFL is set up as a regular season and playoff format with fighters competing for the ultimate grand prize — $1 million per weight class with the finals taking place on New Year’s Eve in New York.

Garcia’s debut will come on Thursday, May 9 with all of the PFL season 2 fights airing live on ESPN2 and/or ESPN+ in the United States.