PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Hardy Undergoes Knee Surgery

Kemo
05-03-2019, 04:49 PM
The Hardy Boyz were recently forced to vacate the Smackdown Tag Team Championships. Jeff Hardy is going to be out of action for approximately 6-9 months following surgery to repair a damaged knee.

Jeff Hardy posted a video to Instagram following completion of the surgery: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw-uMwLHZdm

“I’m going to be out for six to nine months,” Hardy said to WWE.com in regards to his injury. “I’m gonna have my whole right knee repaired, everything in there that’s bad. Hopefully, the first four months go extremely well. It’s a bummer, but I needed a new knee. There’s a lot of wear and tear on it.”

The injury to Hardy comes at an inopportune time for both the brothers and the Smackdown tag team division. The blue brand lost the Usos, the Club, and the Bar recently in the Superstar Shakeup. New Day are also focussed on Kofi’s WWE Championship reign as well, leaving precious few challengers left for the now vacant titles.

WWE has yet to announce how they will determine new champions for the Smackdown tag titles.

The Hardyz defeated the Usos for the titles on the Smackdown after WrestleMania last month.