PDA

View Full Version : Big E Talks Voice Acting & Potential For New Day Cartoon

Kemo
05-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Big E will voice the character of a cartoon wolf for Adult Swim’s Lazor Wulf. He recently spoke to Paste about the challenge of doing voice acting work and the potential for a New Day cartoon someday.

Big E’s character’s name on the cartoon is Canon Wulf. He spoke on his interpretation of the character.

“Canon Wulf is rather brash,” Big E said. “He doesn’t have much of a filter, which is unlike me—the individual. It’s a bit like the character I portray in WWE. I know it might surprise a lot of people, but I’m not nearly that obnoxious and extroverted in my day to day life. I feel like he’s a magnetic personality, sometimes divisive, says whatever’s on his mind, and I dig that.”

Big E noted that the big difference between voice-acting work and WWE is that when voicing the cartoon he has to emote with just his voice.

“I have to emote with just my voice,” he said. “At WWE I enjoy doing so much physical comedy and stuff with my eyes, being expressive, but with Lazor Wulf you have to get across those emotions with just your voice (and obviously the animators who do a tremendous job on that end). But doing my part, just vocally, that’s a little unique for me and different and that I really enjoy.”

During the interview, the possibility of a New Day cartoon is brought up.

“I kind of want to do something like Mike Tyson Mysteries, except it’s the New Day who solves mysteries, but they’ve already got that on lock right now. We’d love to do something. We have accomplished enough on TV that we’d be able to turn into an animated show, like the time-traveling machine, something we’ve done on TV that’s ridiculous and cartoonish.”

Big E continued to talk about ideas for a potential New Day cartoon:

“We could throw in the unicorns, imagine unicorns coming to life or some of the owl stuff that we turned into a shirt, with the “Whos.” There’s a lot of cartoonish nonsense that we’ve done over the last few years and I think we’d work great as cartoon characters and I’d love to do something a little bit edgy as well.”