PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Owens Expresses Criticism Of His Heel Turn

Kemo
05-08-2019, 06:18 PM
In an interview with TheWrap.com, Kevin Owens commented on his recent heel turn on members of The New Day, WWE Champion Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods.

He was briefly linked to the fan favorite group due to Big E going down with an injury. While the run didn’t last long, it was all part of the direction that WWE officials had for the storyline.

Due to this heel turn, it got Owens back into the title picture on the SmackDown Live brand. Owens will challenge Kingston for the WWE Title at the Money In The Bank pay-per-view event on Sunday, May 19, 2019 in Hartford, CT at the XL Center on the WWE Network.

Owens started out by stating “I wish I would have been able to stay on the other side of the fence a little longer, to be honest.” He would continue by stating that he doesn’t think anybody’s really seen him a babyface ever and people not having any idea what he can do on the other side.

“If I’m gonna speak candidly about it, I would have done it differently. I would have turned on Kofi differently at a different time. I ended up being wrong because once I did it, I knew that was the right time and place.”

Owens would add that people knew there was gonna be some sort of swerve but there’s no way that they expected it to be that quick.