PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle On If Baron Corbin Was The Right Choice For His Farewell Opponent

Kemo
05-08-2019, 06:21 PM
Kurt Angle faced Baron Corbin and lost to the Lone Wolf in his farewell match at WrestleMania and a lot of people criticized WWE’s choice of the final opponent for the Olympic Gold Medalist.

During a recent interview with WrestlingInc, Angle discussed a number of things and also revealed how he felt about Corbin as his final opponent.

Kurt admitted that a match against the former NXT Star is not what he had hoped for but given the circumstances, it was a bout that made sense:

“I don’t think it’s the match that I hoped for, I think it was the match that should have happened, Baron and I had been doing a program for a year now."

Continuing on the topic, the former World Champion also explained that he put Vince McMahon in a position by deciding to retire at WrestleMania as it limited the company’s options for his opponent.

Later in the interview, Kurt Angle was also asked about possibly wrestling again after his farewell bout like many other stars have done in the past and he said that he doesn’t plan on wrestling again.

Though he did admit that if something comes up like his son Jason Jordan comes back and wants to tag with him then maybe he will return. However, he’s good for the most part because he wants to have a quality of life after wrestling.