PDA

View Full Version : TJP Reveals Details Of His WWE Contract

Kemo
05-09-2019, 08:30 PM
TJP competed in the Inaugural Cruiserweight Classic Tournament in 2016 and he was named the first ever Cruiserweight Champion when he won the competition.

He then went on to compete in Raw and then in 205 Live for almost 3 years and after his release from the company in February earlier this year, the former Champion is now free to discuss his WWE finances.

During a recent interview with WrestlingInc, the former Raw Star discussed his early days in the company. While WWE had announced a Cruiserweight Division for Raw, he revealed that initially, all the CWC stars were signed to an NXT Deal:

“We all had NXT deals. Mine was pretty big. They offered me two raises before I actually had a deal because they thought I might go somewhere else. I remember getting more than what was normal, but it was still an NXT deal,”

Continuing on the topic, he revealed that their deals were upgraded to main roster contracts after WrestleMania 33. The Cruiserweight Star, however, maintained that working on main roster with an NXT Deal is the best case scenario.

Expanding on the comments, he revealed that the NXT deals cover a lot of costs such as rental and so you can keep a significant portion of the extra money you are making by working main roster shows.

Apart from this, TJP also discussed the difference between the NXT and main roster creatives, how WWE could have helped the Cruiserweight Division and more.