PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Dykstra Discusses His Reaction to Vince McMahon’s ‘Spirit Squad’ Idea

Kemo
05-12-2019, 03:21 AM
Former WWE Superstar and leader of the Spirit Squad Kenny Dykstra recently spoke to WrestlingINC on his WWE run. The former ‘captain’ of the team had some interesting comments regarding his reaction when he was pitched the gimmick.

“It was really cool, it was different,” Dykstra stated. “Vince brought us into his office and said, ‘I want five male cheerleaders’ and I thought it was a joke at first because growing up I’ve always been an athlete. I was touring with them before the Spirit Squad as Ken Doane, just doing my own thing, and I thought, ‘There’s no way that’s what they want me to do.’ But lo and behold, that’s what they want, so you just do what they want and make it work. It’s different, over-the-top, it’s not going to be duplicated because we’re going to know where you got it.”

Dykstra elaborated further, discussing his recent run in WWE alongside Dolph Ziggler and another Spirit Squad member, Mikey. “I don’t know, I don’t really make the decisions, I just know that they stopped calling, “Dykstra recalled. “The first time, I don’t know, I’m sure there are a lot of stories out there to what could or would have happened. The second time they called out us out of nowhere and then after nine weeks they stopped calling.”

cf0-VKq3hfU