PDA

View Full Version : Ryback Reveals Legal Letter From WWE Regarding Use Of His Social Media Accounts

Kemo
05-13-2019, 11:01 PM
Former WWE Superstar Ryback has been fairly vocal about the company since his departure. PWInsider recently reported that WWE has the power to control their Superstar’s Twitter accounts. When a new talent signs with the company they are reportedly told to hand over their social media passwords to WWE’s Digital Media department. The reasoning is that WWE will need their accounts to push storylines and various promotional campaigns.

Ryback recently confirmed that this is in fact the case. When asked if the report was correct Ryback responded by saying “Yes, this is correct. I chose not sign it after they corralled all talent into a room and told everyone to sign in and turn it in. They attempted to try and corner me several times that day. It’s not to post storylines, that’s a cover and they can monitor the talent.”

The former WWE Superstar recently tweeted a copy of the legal letter he received from WWE back in 2016. “This is just one document from WWE where they tried to threaten me to hand over all my Social Media accounts that I created,” Ryback wrote. “I have spoke the truth 100 percent on everything and have no reason to lie. Why would a multi billion dollar company need my social media you ask?”

Ryback elaborated further, saying that “on said document WWE demanded for all social media to be handed over. No mention of just switching the handle names. They wanted possession so I would lose all power and expose them on multiple issues in time. Just to make this clear. … This isn’t now, this is from 2016. You have to understand how they act towards talent. I own everything and it’s over. You guys need to see that talent have no control and the environment they create with fear. Some people are missing the entire point of this.”

Check out the legal letter below:

This is just 1 Document from @wwe where they tried to threaten me to HAND OVER all my Social Media accounts that I created. I have spoke the truth ? percent on everything and have no reason to lie. Why would a multi billion dollar company need my social media you ask? #Power

— The Big Guy (@Ryback22) May 11, 2019

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6TDiMgV4AA015J.jpg