PDA

View Full Version : Fox Touts WWE As Part Of Fall Lineup

Kemo
05-13-2019, 11:11 PM
This week, the television “upfronts” begin, where networks present their fall lineups to advertisers. Fox held its event on Monday from New York City’s Beacon Theater.

WWE SmackDown is part of Fox’s push to feature sports programming from Thursday to Sunday nights. It was confirmed on Monday that WWE SmackDown Live will remain a 2-hour program when the show premieres on Fox this October.

During the upfront media call, FOX Entertainment head Charlie Collier commented on the possibility of WWE programming being on “island” – which is television industry lingo for a show that does not draw viewers to the network’s other programming.

“If it’s an island, it’s an island I would want to go to and spend some time", Collier said. “I don’t think it’s an island. I think it’s another great promotional vehicle for us, for our other nights. It’s a unique asset.”

WWE will also have a presence at NBC Universal’s upfront event, which takes place today as well from Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

WarnerMedia’s 2019 upfronts return to The Theatre at Madison Square Garden in New York City this Wednesday morning. WarnerMedia is the parent company of CNN, HBO, TNT, TBS, TruTV and many more stations.

Last week, The Wrap reported that AEW will be airing on Turner’s TNT network this fall. An announcement from AEW expected Wednesday, before the upfronts event.