PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Admits WWE Doesn’t Need Him, Talks His Future

Kemo
05-13-2019, 11:17 PM
John Cena recently did an interview with The Wrap where he talked about his future with WWE, which has seen him take a big step back from WWE while focusing on his acting career.

The former WWE Champion believes that while he needs the company and loves it, they don’t need him.

“The WWE does not need me. I need it and I love it, and I love every single moment I’m associated with it,” Cena said. “But I felt it the first time this year at WrestleMania: I took a step back and looked at everything and (realized) it is such a powerful machine.”

This is where Cena brought up the idea of serving as a coach at the WWE Performance Center as it’s close to where he lives. He has had this mindset and would consider it when he can’t keep up with the speed of matches.

At this time, he’s not sure it is the right time for him to go on with wrestling. But doesn’t want to come off as someone leaving the company behind either.

“I’m having a talk with the man in the mirror and saying I might be a step slower and I am not sure it is right for me to go on. You always want to walk away at the right time and never want the courtesy clap from the audience.”

Cena made it clear that he’s not sick of wrestling but rather trying to have that real conversation with himself and not wanting to hold on to that flame as long as he can. Cena added, “I would much rather leave a lasting impression for what I did then try to milk the system for selfish gain.”