PDA

View Full Version : TJP Clears The Air On His WWE Release

Kemo
05-24-2019, 03:53 PM
When TJP got released from WWE, there were lots of rumors regarding the former Cruiserweight Champion and the reason behind his departure from the company. However, during a recent interview with Sportskeeda, the former Champion set the record straight and revealed how his release from the company came about.

TJP first revealed that he had a good relationship with Vince McMahon and said that when he was moved from Raw, Vince asked him how they could use him better. So he spent a year researching the Filipino demographic to come up with ways to utilise his character and promote the company there.

He then showed his research to McMahon who loved it and asked Perkins to submit ideas about possible rivalries for him. Although when he submitted the ideas to the creatives, they never made it to Vince. By the time he noticed TJP again, the ship had sailed on many of those plans and so the Boss decided not to waste his time anymore:

“Vince decided he didn’t want to waste my time and make me sit on the bench and said I should go out and spread my wings. He said he had a lot of respect for what I was doing and what I wanted to do. So it was a mutually inevitable split that had been in motion for a while.”

Continuing on the topic, the CWC Star claimed that he is not the kind of person who likes to collect easy money. According to him, his community, as well as his peace of mind, is important to him. Apart from this, TJP also talked about his participation in Cruiserweight Classic, working in TNA and more.