PDA

View Full Version : Roman Reigns Felt Selfish For Missing WWE Family During Leukemia Battle

Kemo
05-29-2019, 02:45 PM
Former WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns has been making the media rounds and recently spoke with Brian Fritz of Sporting News about stepping away from WWE to battle leukemia in late 2018.

From October until February, Reigns was out of action and away from WWE while battling the illness. Due to this, he was forced to relinquish the WWE Universal Title while he focused on his family and health.

“It was weird because I was surrounded by my family, but I felt selfish in a weird way because I did miss my other family,” Reigns stated. “I missed the idea of being what I was and having the setup and my day-to-day and my schedule and what my weekly routine was.”

Reigns talked about how it was odd knowing that he wasn’t going to live events and TV events to see everybody. He thinks that was weird with everything going on that he missed the people in the company. The reason for that is having so much love for WWE and the people

“It kind of broke my heart. This crazy life I have, I get to have a little bit of everything as far as my friends and family so it was weird not having both of those in the same week, but like I said, my family, they just stepped up. They surrounded me and made it feel that I wasn’t alone. That’s what family is for.”