PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley Talks Backlash With WWE 24/7 Title, Staying Optimistic About Its Future

Kemo
05-29-2019, 02:47 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley is staying optimistic about the future of the WWE 24/7 Title despite getting some backlash from fans about it.

He elaborated on his mindset when he recently made an appearance on the Busted Open Radio show. Foley admitted that the “title design was the least of the issues” as he thinks no matter what he pulled out, the fans weren’t going to like it. He reflected on presenting the Universal Title and the fans weren’t impressed by it but rather thought the belt looked stupid due to it being red.

“So no matter what you pull out of there unless it was that old Hardcore title, it is going to be met with disinterest.”

Foley has been critical of his promo in the segment to the point that he felt like he shouldn’t have come out with real serious intent when it is going to be a humorous title.

“I could have declined it, sometimes I don’t decline things because I want to make an impact when I come back and I thought that this was going to give me the chance to do it,” said Foley.

Foley would add that he believes it’s going to catch on and be fun. He did bring up how the truth is that WWE can’t do the things they once did with the Hardcore title.

“If you call it the Hardcore title and the emphasis is on the imagination and the fun and bringing a lot of guys back into the mix, which I really like, the Hardcore title would hurt that. I think you are going to hear from people who are not happy with it, but you are going to hear from them anyway. I think it is going to be a fun title.”

gYWpxnm0OvI