PDA

View Full Version : WWE Reportedly Interested In Georges St. Pierre

Kemo
05-31-2019, 03:42 PM
Retired MMA fighter Georges St. Pierre has drawn the interest from WWE. According to comments Georges St. Pierre made to TVA Sports, WWE approached him at the ESPN awards recently and asked him about coming to work for them.

GSP noted that he does not know if he would be ready to dive back into something such as going to work for WWE, however.

“It’s a form of competition and I do not know if I’m ready to go back into it,” said St-Pierre in French to TVA Sports regarding WWE. “If I accept, it will be for a special event.”

“I don’t know if I’d want to sign a contract and do it every week and making it a living,” he continued.

GSP is said to have put WWE in contact with his agents.

“They wanted to contact my agents, I gave them their number, but I don’t want to switch to wrestling full time,” GSP added.

GSP continued to say it was not the damage from fighting that had him worried about long-term damage. The former 2-division champion says he’s more worried about the damage from the stress he feels before fights.

“My biggest fear was not the punches,” GSP said. "Often, the damage to the head comes from how one trains. In my case, my biggest fear was the stress I was feeling. We know that it can cause cancer.”