PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin Has Advice For Wrestlers Wanting To Leave WWE

Kemo
05-31-2019, 08:39 PM
“Stone Cold” Steve Austin recently offered advice to wrestlers who are considering leaving WWE. He made his comments during an appearance on Dale Earnhardt’s podcast.

Austin noted that anyone considering leaving should make sure they depart the company in such a way that momentum is on their side.

“If you got some feelers out there and you’re trying to network other things based upon you having a high Q rating or a lot of television exposure, and you get your hands into different things, do it,” Austin said. “Right now (WWE) is your bread and butter, but starting planting those seeds right now so when you spin out of this you come out with momentum.”

Austin continued to say he wished he hadn’t of waited as long as he did to start his acting career after retiring from wrestling.

Stone Cold On What Made Him Popular

Austin also noted how things were different back when he was at his peak. He was asked about who he feels is the next “Stone Cold” and he hesitated to answer.

“That’s a tough question to answer right now,” Austin admitted.

“Do you see those guys in this current climate?” Earnhardt asked.

“When I got hot, I pushed the envelope,” Austin said. “I was saying words you could still say on television, I wasn’t dropping f-bombs, I knew what I could get away with. The deal was I wasn’t afraid to push the envelope, I wasn’t afraid to go out on a limb, so I did. And I knew I had to, and it was in me!”

Austin would continue to say there is more control and restrictions on the current roster.

“When you turn me up to 11, that’s me,” he added about his character.

Austin then suggested WWE could give their talent more freedom with their characters and stories.