PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair On Criticism Of The Undertaker vs. Goldberg Match

Kemo
06-11-2019, 02:55 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair has sounded off on the match between Goldberg and The Undertaker at the WWE Super ShowDown pay-per-view event that has received a ton of criticism from fans.

The match was not what fans had hoped for due to Goldberg being busted open and suffering a concussion during the match. The pro wrestling legend gave his take when he spoke with Bully Ray and Dave LaGreca on Sirius XM Busted Open Radio.

Flair started out by stating that they opened up hot and loved the match until the last minute. He would then praise Taker and Goldberg for their accomplishments in the business.

Flair also ruled out the problems with the match due to the age of the stars. It’s the fact that it’s hard to work two or three times a year with long stretches of downtime. He would note that training for a match in the gym is not the answer to getting in the ring and going full speed. He questions how Triple H is able to do it.

“I don’t like it, but that doesn’t mean that they cannot have an opinion,” said Flair. “I don’t have an agenda here. I cannot let a minute or two of fatigue define anybody. It’s funny, had they gone on one more minute perfect and hit it, everyone would have been like ‘Oh my god that was perfect.’”

Flair would bring up how he thought the match was planned just like Goldberg beating Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series in quick fashion when Goldberg hit his signature moves in the opening minutes and thinks fans would’ve praised it if it ended then. But once they moved forward with the match then fans criticized it.