PDA

View Full Version : R-Truth Wins 24/7 Title At Drake Maverick’s Wedding

Kemo
06-22-2019, 02:34 AM
R-Truth is once again the 24/7 champion. He defeated Drake Maverick recently at the former champion’s wedding. Maverick and his wife had just said “I Do” (with Maverick wearing the title around his waist at the time) when Truth crashed the event.

WWE cameras were on-hand and posted Truth’s title victory to their YouTube channel:

EQ6jsdrAZWA

Truth is now a 6x champion. Maverick’s 2-day reign with the title leading up to his wedding is the longest any performer other than Truth has had so far in the title’s short existance.

Other former champions include: Elias (2x), Jinder Mahal (2x), Robert Roode, and Titus O’Neil (inaugural).

WORST. DAY. EVAH.#WWE @WWE #Maverick247

— Maverick 24:7 (@WWEMaverick) June 21, 2019

Although perhaps not listed as an official title change, Matt Hardy’s son Maxel was in possession of the 24/7 title for a period during Maverick’s wedding.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1142034233134915585/M-OWZGxd?format=jpg&name=600x314

Shortly after defeating Truth for the title during Smackdown on Tuesday, Maverick sent out the following on Twitter:

Brass ring?

Completed it mate.#WWE @WWE #Maverick247

— Maverick 24:7 (@WWEMaverick) June 19, 2019

Mick Foley introduced the title belt on the May 20th episode of RAW. The following day on Busted Open radio, Foley had the following to say regarding his promo introducing the new championship:

“I would have changed so many things,” Foley said. “I wouldn’t have come out with a real serious intent when it’s going to be a humorous belt.”

“I could have declined,” Foley admitted. “Sometimes I do decline things because I want to make an impact when I come back. I do believe…I do believe it’s going to catch on.”